LEONARDTOWN, MD – Beginning WednesdayDecember 1, at 10 a.m. the Chesapeake Public Charter School (CPCS) online lottery application will be OPEN.
- All interested families should complete online applications at cpcsapplication.com during the open registration period. (This includes all families/siblings who were waitlisted during the 21/22 school year). For the 2022-2023 school year, the online application link becomes LIVE at 10 a.m. on December 1, 2021 and closing at 12 p.m. midnight on December 31, 2021.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be three virtual The Q&A sessions will be held this year on the following dates:
- Thursday, December 2, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Interested kindergarten Families
- Monday, December 6, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Interested middle school Families
- Thursday, December 9, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Interested 1st-5th year Families
A zoom link and informative videos/slides, which can be viewed prior to the Q&A sessions, will be available on the CPCS website https://schools.smcps.org/cpcs/ on December 1, 2021. Zoom Q&A sessions will be recorded and posted on the CPCS website.
- Families must enter a valid email address and create a password to create a free account. The app also has a mobile-friendly platform. This account should be monitored for information regarding submission status, acceptance/waitlist notifications.
- All applications must be completed online. The order in which applications are submitted does not affect the selection process. It does not matter whether a family submits an application on the first day or the last day since the lottery is a computerized draw. The application is available in several languages.
- The official lottery will take place at the end of January 2022.
- Kindergarten families will be notified by email at the end of the lottery of their acceptance or waitlist status. All other families of students in grades 1-8 will receive an email indicating their status on the waitlist and will be offered spots as they open during the summer months.
For more information, please contact the school’s main office at 301-863-9585, ext. 0.